Thursday, July 20, 2006

Quotes from Garcia ..

So just finished with "Memory of my Melancholy Whores" by Garcia. Was a pretty easy read which I think is unlike most of Garcia's works. The book offers perspectives on love and being in love from the point of view of a 90 year old man. Some interesting quotes from the book ...

"I never had intimate friends and few who came close are in New York. By which I mean they're dead, because that's where I suppose condemned souls go in order not to endure the truth of their past lives."

"Whenever someone asks I always answer with the truth: whores left me no time to be married."

"Age isn't how old you are but how old you feel."

"Sex is the consolotation you have when you can't have love."

"I'm serious, she concluded , speaking from the heart. Don't let yourself die without the knowing the wonder of f***'ing with love."

PS:- BTW I didn't like U2 and liked only a few numbers of Ray Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home